The Church of No Preference

A religion evolved from a line on an Army dog tag.

Monday, March 27, 2006

President Bush, Unofficial Prophet



Here at the Church of No Preference we are ready to bow down (or sit in an easy chair) to any awesome statements made by anyone. Recently it has been made known to me of the profound sayings of our President. I can't help but feel woozy at the deep meanings our President has revealed to us.

Unfortunately, President Bush is a member of a Christian sect, Methodist I believe, so he cannot join The Church of No Preference until he renounces his preference. There is a method to our madness, but I'm not sure if there is a method to Methodists.

At any rate, his religously moving pronouncements must be revealed to No Preference members. Please drink in the following Bush prophesies and sayings in all their glory. Here in the church, we call them Bushisms.

"It's time for the human race to enter the solar system."

I've been anxiously awaiting the day humans would be part of the solar system. Oh great diety, thank you for communicating to Bush your intentions of allowing humans this opportunity.

"For NASA, space is still a high priority."

Thank you prophet Bush. I had become concerned that NASA was beginning to explore the ground.

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur. "

WOW! This is too deep to even understand. The Church of No Preference will post this on the blackboard next to the pulpit for all the members to emmerse themselves into with deep contemplation.

" The future will be better tomorrow."

But will the future be better the day after tomorrow? Please Bush elaborate more. Help us to understand.

"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future. "

Bush is a time traveler, he is God-like. Quick! Get me an easychair! I must immediately fathom the space/time continuum. Can it be so? George can think in the future and the past at the same time?

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."

We must succeed, this is profound. We must not fail if we risk success. We don't fail if we succeed. We fail if success fails. I'm so confused!

"I stand by all my misstatements that I've made."

And with all the infinite wisdom of prophet Bush, he is as well humble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home